Re: Question #231664

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> yes you can use uid, code and name as identifier scheme (strategory for
> matching meta-data). A caveat, the name property of organisation unit is
> not unique after 2.11 and we consider removing that option.

I  actually would recommend we keep that option even though uniqueness of
names is (thankfully) no longer enforced by DHIS2. In a lot of situations,
names is all you have to match on, so it would be a pity to remove this
option.

It then becomes the user's responsibility to ensure uniqueness - but
perhaps we could aid the user by checking for uniqueness and sending out an
alert in case of duplicates? I think that would be the best solution.

Knut