Re: How to change data elemenent category combos after creating data set

Thanks Lars.  I will try this.  I didn't see the update category option before.

Randy

From: Lars Helge Øverland [mailto:larshelge@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 2:02 PM
To: Wilson,Randy
Cc: dhis2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] How to change data elemenent category combos after creating data set

Hi Randy,

first, if you add to category combinations after they have been updated, you will have to update is category option combinations. To do this, go to admin aministration -> maintenance -> select "Update category option combinations" and run.

With "it doesn't appear" I assume you mean in a section-based data entry form. The problem might be that the form is still cached in the local storage of your browser (Chrome is stubborn when it comes to clearing it). Could you try to:

- install this chrome plugin<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/clear-cache/cppjkneekbjaeellbfkmgnhonkkjfpdn>
- right click on its clear icon which appears in top right corner and select "options"
- tick everything under "data to remove" (except cookies and passwords maybe)
- select "everyting" under time period, and close it
- click the clear icon
- reload (hit F5) the data entry page.

The problem is that the version of the data set is not bumped/increased - it is a challenge to know exactly which changes in the system should bump the data set version which will force a new download of the form to browsers.

cheers

Lars