Re: [Dhis2-devs] Analytics history

I think this is part of a bigger set of issues, namely the temporal aspect
of associations of orgunits with orgunit groups and datasets.

For instance, in the completeness analysis, the completeness figures do not
take into account whether the orgunit has belonged to a dataset at some
point in time, or what the opening date of that orgunit is. Both of these
aspects of time really influence the completeness. A facility should not
really count as being part of the completeness analysis, unless it has
opened, and it should still continue to count as part of the facilities for
which constitute the completeness figures for the time periods for which it
was a member. It may be removed or closed, but its membership should still
count for when it was a member.

Similarly, with orgunit groups. We have attempted to use orgunit groups to
facilitate attribution of data values to particular orgunit groups. This is
needed particular in PEPFAR related countries, where there is a
geographical hierarchy, but also a funding mechanism-project-implementing
partner hierarchy. The problem is however that partners often switch
facilities. However the values recorded during the point in time when they
were a member of a particular orgunit group, should continue to be
attributed to that orgunit group (potentially). I say potentially, because
these types of groups really do have a temporal dimension. Something
similar has come up in one of the countries I am involved in, namely when a
particular facility is "upgraded" from a "health center" to a "health post"
and one looks at an indicator value by this orgunit group, there should be
attribution to the "health center" group for when it was a member of this
group up until the point in time which it switches to another group (e.g.
the health center).

I am not so sure how feasible it would be to keep the full history of the
analytics. It seems horribly complex, as Lars points out, a facility may be
incorrectly created in place in the hierarchy, stay there for a week, and
then be moved. This history should never be kept. However, keeping a
snapshot of the analytics at a particular point in time, may be the better
answer.

I am not sure exactly how all of this needs to happen, but I am sure we
need something to deal with some of these issues. I personally think having
some mechanism to allow temporal membership in an orgunit group would be a
good start, and allow analysis through this view of reality, as opposed to
the current snapshot view which is the only thing we can use as the moment.

Regards,
Jason