Blackberry

Though all the attention in the smartphone business seems to be on iPhone
and Android (and a little bit on Nokia and Windows Phone), Blackberries are
still widely popular in many countries, both because many people like
physical QWERTY keyboards, but also because they often provide superior
connectivity (since I personally don't have one I'm curios to whether this
is really the case in rural areas - input would be welcome).

So it may be of interest in certain settings to use Blackberries as modems

Alternatively, like any smartphone they can of course access our HTML5
solution (has anyone tried that?) and also run native apps, e.g. with
Phonegap:
http://docs.phonegap.com/en/2.1.0/guide_getting-started_blackberry_index.md.html

Would be interesting to hear what people think. Is this an important niche?

--
Knut Staring
Dept. of Informatics, University of Oslo