Re: Maps of outbreaks

Hi Knut,
Not exactly sure if this the same, but in one instance which I help to
support, we are just concerned about the "latest" data. Data may be
submitted for a few months, and maybe stops at a certain point in time when
there is no longer a need for regular surveillance. However, when we
generate a report for say Feb 2014, we need all the latest data. I think
this is somehwat similar to the "On change" period type of DHIS 1.4, but
which is not implemented in DHIS2. It might be that you could simply report
the latest data (Outbreak = Yes/No) for the month in which the change
occurs, and then not bother reporting for the other months.

We have to pull the data out of the system, and create a time series of it,
using the "last observation carried forward" approach of time-series
analysis to determine what the status of all orgunits is at a given point
in time.

Having this type of period/aggregation would also solve some of the
problems with certain data elements like "ART current count", which should
never be aggregated in time, but should always simply use the latest value
reported.

Best regards,
Jason