Re: Maps of outbreaks

A disease outbreak is the occurrence of cases of disease in excess of what would normally be expected in a defined community, geographical area or season. an Outbreak is a term used in epidemiology to describe an occurrence of disease greater than would otherwise be expected at a particular time and place. if we are designing a data element, then we should use the term suspected disease or outbreak.

regards

PEPELA WANJALA
MINISTRY OF HEALTH HEADQUARTERS
HEALTH INFORMATION SYSTEM
AFYA HOUSE, HIS LG 37
P.O BOX 30016, NAIROBI, KENYA
TEL: +254 (020) 2717077 EXT 45097
CELL: +254 (0) 722375633 or 0202033363
EMAIL: wanjala2p@xxxxxxxxx
            hmis@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 "HealthInformation Management - Making a World of Difference”