Re: Indicator

Hi Randy and Kenneth,

Jason is correct above. If you need the average consumption you should use
the "average" aggregation operator.

Note that you can only have one aggregation operator defined per data
element. This becomes a problem if you usually want to see the sum of
consumption, but for a specific report you want to see the average
consumption.

In the analytics web api resource however, you can define the aggregation
operator in each query, meaning that you can override the data element
definition and set the aggregation type explicitly per query. This means
that you can create a report where you generate the average consumption
even if the data element definition is set up with a sum aggregation
operator.

Not sure how you generate your reports but you can e.g. make a HTML based
standard report using data from the analytics web api resource.
Documentation here:

http://www.dhis2.org/doc/snapshot/en/user/html/ch28s17.html

You can apply this query parameter to the analytics URL to set the
aggregation type:

&aggregationType=AVERAGE_INT

Your requirement for std dev is interesting and is something we've heard
from many people lately. I have now implemented support for this and
backported to 2.14 and 2.13 and triggered builds on CI. You can now do this:

&aggregationType=STDDEV

http://apps.dhis2.org/ci/

(This refers to the population based std dev)

regards,