Re: DHIS2 - Tracker data aggregation

Hi Robin,
in the 'DHIS world' we distinguish between
- data elements, ('data variable', 'count'), which is may be regarded as an
atomic unit / raw piece of data, such as in your case cases of patient
encounters by diagnosed disease and by gender (gender / age group will
typically be defined as dimension of the data element e.g. cases of measles)
and
- indicators, which may be any further calculation based on the data
elements, but typically percentages, rates, ..

You define your indicators - as well as your data elements-  in the DHIS
meta data management module.

In your case you define the 'five diseases' as data elements and the
'averages' as indicators.

query builder only then used to aggregate the cases. The averages and other
indicators  are calculated as indicators by DHIS.
You can see the manual about indicators and data elements and meta data
managment

Jørn