Re: Quick way to add missing ISO weeks going back to 2011?

Hi Randy,
I see Bob just replied but was about to send this and will go ahead, but
would wait for a more authoritative answer.

Here is an R script  which I have used in the past. It is very basic and
does not take into account weeks which might already exist. It simply
creates a lot of INSERT statements. You will get errors for those which
already exist. It would be fairly easy to do this, but would require having
R connected to your postgres database to filter out periods which already
exist.

Use at your own peril and hopefully Bob has something better.

Regards,
Jason

#require(ISOweek)
#Adjust to your needs
week.starts<-seq(ISOdate(2011,1,3), ISOdate(2014,8,3), by = "1 week")
#Number of seconds in a week
week.ends<-week.starts + 518399
#Get the week names in case you need it
#week.names<-gsub("-","",substring(date2ISOweek(week.starts),0,8))

sql<-paste0("INSERT INTO periods (periodid,periodtypeid,startdate,enddate)
VALUES(nextval('hibernate_sequence'::regclass),2,","'",as.Date(week.starts),"','",as.Date(week.ends),"');")
cat(sql,file="insert_periods.sql)