Program with SMS reminders - Help please

Dear users,

I've been trying to set up a program that sends SMS reminders to pregnant
women as part of a pilot project to improve treatment adherence using folic
acid supplements in the months leading up to delivery, but have been
struggling with the reminder messages.

We're using BulkSMS which works very nicely as we can send out messages,
including the SMS that gets sent automatically upon program enrollment. The
problem is with the messages we'd need to send say every week up to the
delivery date. We're using 2.16 with a build from early November (sorry no
build revision available as it's not shown in the About page)

Program settings:
- Program type = Multiple events
- Incident date = "LMP date"
- Enrollment date = "Visit date"
- 4 attributes, incl. phone number

Program stage:
- Scheduled days from start = 280 (which based on the incident date will
return the estimated delivery date)
- Non-repeatable
- Report date to use = Incident date
- Description of report date = LMP date
- SMS reminders on program stage are based on X "days scheduled" before
scheduled date (which in my understanding is the incident date + 280 days);
recipient = tracked entity instance.

I also noticed a few inconsistencies while working on this:

- Enrollment date and incident date are inverted in the tracker capture app
when registering a new person, and as a result the "due date" gets
calculated based on enrollment rather than incident date. This works fine
when using Individual records, though I'm assuming that this has been
corrected in 2.17 in tracker capture.
- The "Before" and "After" parameters in the "Show details" on template
reminder messages are also inverted - which makes me wonder whether these
settings are correctly applied?

Has anyone had similar challenges or can you tell from the above what I'm
doing wrong? Any help here would be greatly appreciated as we would like to
get this program up & running within the coming days.

Bram Piot
PSI

Follow ups