Re: [Dhis2-devs] cumulative data in Data Visualizer and Pilot Table

Hi,

I'm not sure if auto-replicating the previous month's value for a
missing month is such a good idea. It's conceptually very similar to
the ability in DHIS 1.x to use regression analysis to insert missing
values, BUT we always blocked that for recent months - the idea was
always that using regression analysis to insert missing values was a
last resort which only could/should be available after several months
(i.e. after all other avenues to get the missing data are exhausted).

regards
Calle

On 21/01/2015, Jason Pickering <jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> One potentially tricky thing to keep in mind here is the problem of missing
> data, i.e. if the facility does not report for a month, or they report a
> zero and the data element is zero insignificant. Normally in time-series
> data, the "last observation would be carried forward" (LOCF). The spec does
> not really mention this, but in all likelihood, this would need to be part
> of the implementation.
>
> Regards,
> Jason
>

> On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 10:32 AM, John Lewis <johnlewis.hisp@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Lars,
>> Example in Excel. We had this chart in Dhis1 series.
>> John
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 4:18 PM, John Lewis <johnlewis.hisp@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Lars,
>>> Done.
>>>
>>> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/visualisation-cumulative-chart
>>> Regards,
>>> John
>>>
>>> On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 5:11 PM, Lars Helge Øverland
>>> <larshelge@xxxxxxxxx

> Jason P. Pickering
> email: jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx
> tel:+46764147049

Calle Hedberg

46D Alma Road, 7700 Rosebank, SOUTH AFRICA

Tel/fax (home): +27-21-685-6472

Cell: +27-82-853-5352

Iridium SatPhone: +8816-315-19274

Email: calle.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx