From: Abyot Gizaw [mailto:abyota@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2015 10:57 AM
To: Nami Ghadri
Cc: DHIS 2 Users list
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] Multiple visit to same patient

Hello Nami,

DHIS2 is not a classic medical record system for handling diagnosis that are determined at the point of interaction between a patient and a doctor. DHIS2 is for managing routine services/visits - meaning you need to know, before hand, the diagnosis you are going to provide to a patient.

Can you tell us more about your needs - especially the diagnosis part? Is it possible to talk about types of diagnosis here - something like diagnosis for TB, HIV, Cancer, ... whatever disease type you wanted to handle? You can also talk about diagnosis at dataelement level - for example "general diagnosis" and in this diagnosis measuring weight, blood pressure, temperature, and other key aspects...

You need to decide on the diagnosis types - this can not be left open. Defining the diagnosis types helps you to decide on the number of stages a program can have. Then you can make the stages repeatable - this allows you to handle multiple visits per patient per diagnosis.

Hope this helps.

---

Thank you,

Abyot.