Re: Interoperability of ODK & DHIS2

Hi Patrick,
There is nothing really out of the box which will do this AFAIK.

In the past, I have worked in projects which have aggregated the event
based data, and the passed it on to DHIS2 in aggregate format with custom
code,similar to what Pierre mentions.

In another situation, we passed the event based data from ODK into DHIS2,
again, using custom code.

In both cases, there was custom code to "clean" data from ODK which might
not be suitable for import into DHIS2, such as incomplete or inconsistent
or duplicate form submissions.

I know there have been some efforts in the past to integrate the two
applications more closely, but as of now, there is nothing. But, with a bit
of scripting (or even Excel!) it would not be too difficult to do this. I
would however be clear from the outset if you need everything in DHIS2, as
often it makes sense to aggregate and process the survey data obtained from
ODK, into something which really makes more sense in DHIS2 (i.e. events or
aggregate data). Working with the raw survey data should be possible now
with the event modules, and with the advent of the program rules in the
latest version, more complex skip logic (not as complex as ODK) is
supported. So, it might be work looking at only using DHIS2 even capture
for what you need, as opposed to building a custom integration layer
between the two. For relatively simple surveys, it might work, but if you
need very complex skip logic or ODK specific features, it might not.

Regards,
Jason