Re: Easy way to import indicators into new database

sorry, this got cut off by the web-mailer - next try:

Wouldn't it be good to have a repository of standard and best practice indicators, data elements, classifications and data-sets per health-program as down-loadable packages for easy import into a fresh DHIS2 installation? In my maybe naive thinking this would only mean to export them from an existing installation, zipping and uploading them to the repository.

Advantages:
- best practice templates of useful indicator sets
- faster implementation of new instances
- more compatible data-elements and indicators in the source-systems when approaching a supra-national HMIS, if the source installations were build upon standard indicators.

Uwe

---
Hi Arthur,

sorry, no indicators from my side. I'd just like to use the occasion to advocate again the idea of maintaining a content repository for DHIS2, which would have been handy in your case:

Wouldn't it be good to have a repository of standard and best practice indicators, data elements and>

The other advantage would be that you could build upon compatible>

Just thinking ...

Uwe

Arthur Heywood <arthurheywood@xxxxxxxxx> hat am 12. Oktober 2015 um 12:36 geschrieben:

Hi guys
I am sitting in Eritrea creating a new database with David Hagan ... they have a wonderful set of indicators that conforms 90% to the international norms set by WHO ..... To create the indicators I now have to type out 100 indicators by hand ..... a few days work for me!!

Can anyone help me with a SIMPLE way to get these indicators from another place where they have already been properly defined??

many Thanks
Arthur
/**Without deviation from the norm, there can be no progress* *(Frank Zappa)/
*Skype* arthur_heywood_za
Tanzania* +255-773-669393 OR 0673 150252
Zim +263 778236899