Re: Aggregation query builder details

Hi Knut,

Although I can see that program indicators can be helpful it has limited use in the context of interoperability between DHIS2 instances. In South Africa we feel that Survey type instances should be kept separate from Routine Health data collection and as such collect event or tracker data for surveys and would want to set up aggregated data elements in the system which populates with a stored aggregated data value which we export/synchronise with the routine HMIS system e.g.

Patient satisfaction survey rate = No of surveys conducted/No of facilities

Patient satisfaction rate = No of satisfied responses/All responses

It is true that these aggregated elements can be populated with a function called via a sql view or cron job but not the most ideal.

Up to now I have not figured out how to set up an indicator which counts if there was any surveys done in a specific period by adding a program indicator due to the limited amount of mathematical calculation formulae allowed in the Program Indicator engine.

This said I must say that we don’t have much confidence in the accuracy of the Aggregation Query Builder as it is at the moment because there seems to be a ceiling limit on how many values can actually be inserted by running a scheduled or manual aggregation process and the simultaneous initiation of scheduled Aggregation Query builder and Analytics are problematic. For this reason we are checking the output of the Aggregation Query builder at this stage and when not entirely confident that it produces reliable results we are using functions instead.

Regards,

Elmarie Claasen

Hisp logo

Project Manager

Health Information Systems Program

Tel:      041-367 1027

Cell:     082 374 2209

E-mail:  <mailto:elmarie@xxxxxxxx> elmarie@xxxxxxxx

Skype:  elmarie.claasen52

This message and any attachments are subject to a disclaimer published at  <http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer> http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer .   Please read the disclaimer before opening any attachment or taking any other action in terms of this electronic transmission.
If you cannot access the disclaimer, kindly send an email to  <mailto:disclaimer@xxxxxxxx> disclaimer@xxxxxxxx and a copy will be provided to you. By replying to this e-mail or opening any attachment you agree to be bound by the provisions of the disclaimer.