Re: Importing DHS survey data in DHIS

Hi - we wrapped up a pilot a few months ago with Johns Hopkins University
National Evaluation Platform:

http://www.jhsph.edu/research/centers-and-institutes/institute-for-international-programs/current-projects/national-evaluation-platform/

to do something similar.  In their case they wanted to bring the DHS data
into stata to clean/prep it first, then export both metadata and the data
itself for import into DHIS 2.  We wrote a DHIS 2 user app + parallel java
app to handle the import and it's being piloted in 4 countries now, to
combine it with their routine health information where possible.  We didn't
use the DHS API's and I'd have to check on what cleanup/prep JHU was
doing.  Our work ends up being more of a generic stata import app although
I'm cc'ing in Lorill Crees who has been very involved with it and can
comment more.

JHU has tasked us to open source the work so we should be able to share
code.  We don't have it on online but I can check if we can send you a copy?

Our next round of work is on R integration so end users can conduct simple
analyses.  We've done our technical spikes and are doing proof of concept
work now.

Aaron