DHIS2 nomenclature

Dear friends,

I hope this doesn't sound too ridiculous for this forum: we had a (very primordial) seminar on the Nigeria's HMIS, and attendees asked why the DHIS2 acronym has the D for district, in spite of the fact that we are using LGAs as administrative units in Nigeria. I replied that DHIS2 is a global open access software,  and consistency requires that the name is uniform, even though what constitutes a "district" can vary between different places.

Kindly I don't know if I can have additional insights on this.

Muktar

Sent from my iPhone

Follow ups