Re: Data approval workflow for programs

Hi David,

Your understanding is correct. The 2.22 (and 2.23) API calls still refer to
dataset instead of workflow.

- When you "approve" a dataset, you are really approving the workflow
connected to the dataset. (This also approves data in any other datasets
that are also connected to the same workflow.)

- When you get the approval status of a dataset, you are really getting the
approval status of the workflow connected to the dataset.

We do intend to offer workflow-related API approval calls in the future,
and we may at some point retire the dataset-related API approval calls.  We
were not quick to drop the dataset-related calls because we know there are
applications out there that use them.

Cheers,
Jim