Data is not annually taken

Hi all,

Please help, I need your suggestions. I have this data called mass blood
survey. The problem with this data set are location of the survey is often
changing and the period is not really annually. For example: on January
2010 survey held in B location. On February 2010, there was another survey
but it is in C location. Another time, survey held in D location. Next time
the survey held, it could be in a totally different location.

My plan is to make survey location as organisation unit and period of data
set is monthly. My concern are:

   - is it okay if in the future I keep adding new organisation unit (in
   this case location)?
   - because the location is not always surveyed every month it will cause
   blank form in most of the months as I will input the data only on the month
   they are being surveyed. will this cause any problem in the future?

What do you think? I am open to any suggestions.
Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Karina

Follow ups