Senior Engineer, DHIS2
University of Oslo
http://www.dhis2.org

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 11:59 AM, GROUT, Lise <groutl@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Being able to look for villages in the map will already be a big plus, but
> still the coordinates will be different.

No, the coordinates will not be different. If you have searched for the
same village name and picked from the system - you will always get the same
coordinate.

> Maybe ideally, we could mix:
>
> -        Org unit data type for admin 1 (region), admin2(district) as
> they will be in the org unit tree (coming in 2.25)
>
> -        Search in the map for villages (coming in 2.25). But it would be
> good to be able to extract the name of the village from there (so that it
> can be used in the analysis) and also to see if a patient has already been
> captured from the same village (so that you can should to use the exact
> same coordinates).

Our long term vision is to store village names together with coordinates.
The reason we are doing this is to display nice names - than coordinates -
in reports and the like.