Re: Program Indicator calculations, Converting Dates in Months or Years

Dear Andrew,

You can use (current_date - Date of Birth)/30 to estimate months or
(current_date - Date of Birth)/365 to get estimate years.

Alex

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 2:52 PM, Lars Helge Øverland <lars@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> how are you doing? First of all, would you mind asking this on the dev
> list? There are more people who can help you there.
>
> Also it would be good if you could elaborate a bit about what you need to
> do regarding date conversion. Is the problem that you are asking
> beneficiaries about their age in months, and that you later would like to
> do aggregation based on months/quarters in dhis analytics apps?
>
> best regards,
>
> Lars
>

> On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 12:22 PM, Muhire Andrew <muhireandrew@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> We are developing the case based nutrition system [Using DHIS2] that is
>> targeting to track Pregnant Women, Lactating and Children under 2years.What
>> we are tracking is Attributes and tracker variables like Date of Birth,
>> hight, weight, LMP Date and We would like to Display on our program
>> dashboard the indicators like BMI, Height for Age, Weight for Age and also
>> expected deliveries using the LMP dates which is our data element that is
>> set to date type.
>>
>> Is there anyone who knows how to convert the dates into Months or years
>> without use of coding, i mean during the calculation of Program indicators?
>> . We also need users to enter the date of Birth of a Baby or Mother and the
>> system popup the Age in months or Years.
>>

> --
> Lars Helge Øverland
> Lead developer, DHIS 2
> University of Oslo
> Skype: larshelgeoverland
> lars@xxxxxxxxx
> http://www.dhis2.org <https://www.dhis2.org/>

Alex Tumwesigye

Technical Advisor - DHIS2 (Consultant),
Ministry of Health/AFENET  | HISP Uganda
Kampala
Uganda
+256 774149 775, + 256 759 800161
Skype ID: talexie

IT Consultant (Servers, Networks and Security, Health Information Systems -
DHIS2, Disease Outbreak & Surveillance Systems) & Solar Consultant

"I don't want to be anything other than what I have been - one tree hill "