From: Prosper BT [mailto:ptb3000@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 15 March 2017 05:56
To: GROUT, Lise
Cc: dhis1-users; Abyot Asalefew Gizaw; lars@xxxxxxxxx; knutst@xxxxxxxxxx; Knut Staring; GARNICA CAPARROS, Marc; Petar Jovanovic; RUIZ POSTIGO, Jose Antonio; oromero@xxxxxxxxxxxx; ABELLO Alberto (aabello@xxxxxxxxxxxx); ALBAJAR VINAS, Pedro
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] Disease surveillance on DHIS2

Dear Lise,

Thanks for sharing these nice additions to the IDSR global requirements, we can schedule a skype call and talk more about some of the challenges raised, but a number of them are already in jira on the roadmap.

Quickly on GIS presentation and Geo coordinates of the cases from your objectives its clear you want to map cases and the appropriate option would be to get DE or attribute coordinates of each case not the Orgunit DE.

The coordinate DE will enable you achieve your objective this is what we suggesting for the global case notification, yes not all villages are not in google maps but atleast a nearby or zooming in google earth and locating the familiar structures in the village would serve the purpose. But this is if internet is not a challenge.

 [Inline image 1]

Regards

Prosper Behumbiize, MPH
DHIS2 Implementation| HISP Uganda