GIS - Qualitative variables

Dear all,

Is it possible to represent qualitative (or Boolean) variables at polygons level in the GIS App?

As an example, we are planning to use Event capture to ask some programmatic questions to the programme managers, who will answer at country level. We would like to produce maps representing in red the country which answers “no” and in green the ones which answer “yes”.

Event layer apparently works to plot points (not polygons).
Thematic layers apparently only supports quantitative variables, right?
So how do I do?

Sorry for this basic question…

Lise.

Dr. Lise Grout
Epidemiologist

World Health Organization
Department of Neglected Tropical Diseases (HTM/NTD/IDM)
Innovative and Intensified Disease Management Unit
20, Avenue Appia; CH-1211 Geneva 27
Tel. +41 22 791 2341
Mobile +41 79 290 68 61
Skype: tigrouveto