Re: Cannot view data elements when creating left and right side components of a validation rule

Dear all,

Are there any rules with naming of data elements? is there a minimum number
of characters acceptable? Are there any characters not accepted? I know the
short names accept only a minimum of 50  characters but are there
restrictions for the name attribute of a data element. I am just trying to
figure out if that is the reason why my data elements cannot load under
validation rules and even when I try to create data element groups. Could I
have used very long names? or wrong characters? Any rules with creating
data element names I need to be aware of? Please help.

Timothy