From: Knut Staring [mailto:knutst@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, 30 August 2017 9:55 PM
To: Edward Robinson <erobinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: DHIS 2 Users list <dhis2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] Online Academies

Hi Ed,

Are you familiar with this?
https://academy.dhis2.org/courses/HISP/DHIS2_Level1/2015_Q1/about

Regards,
Knut

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 5:20 PM, Edward Robinson <erobinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:erobinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Are there any DHIS2 MOOCs available or in planning?  One of the issues I know a lot of partners are having is finding the budget to send staff to attend academies in person.  Not as much the cost of the academy itself but the travel and the frequency – it’s very hard to plan a project around that sort of schedule and staff turnover / training new staff can be a real challenge.
A distance learning system would be fantastic, particularly if official certification can be issued on completion.  Even if staff can be sent to a regional centre to write an exam after self study (such as Unisa do in South Africa), it would be a major cost saving and allow projects to have more staff certified – something I believe would benefit the community immensely.

Ed

Edward Robinson
Technical Director
Project Balance
www.projectbalance.com<http://www.projectbalance.com/>
tel. +27 74 587 6667<tel:+27%2074%20587%206667>

[PB Logo]<http://www.projectbalance.com/>