From: Abyot Asalefew Gizaw [mailto:abyot@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 10:12 AM
To: Stanley Kalyati <skalyati@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Georgi Chakarov <georgi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; DHIS Users <dhis2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; DHIS 2 Developers list <dhis2-devs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-devs] [Dhis2-users] Inherit function for Tracked Entity Attributes

Hi,

Ticking the inherit checkbox will make an attribute - in your case "house hold code" - inheritable.

https://play.dhis2.org/dev/dhis-web-maintenance/#/edit/trackerSection/trackedEntityAttribute/add

--
Abyot A. Gizaw.
Senior Engineer, DHIS2

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 7:11 AM, Stanley Kalyati <skalyati@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:skalyati@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
I want to learn also.

On Sep 10, 2017 9:55 AM, "Georgi Chakarov" <georgi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:georgi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Hello!

Can someone explain how the inherit function of Tracked Entity Attribute in v. 2.27 works?
Here’s what the user manual says on the topic:
“Select Inherit to registry a new entity for relationship with an available entity, all inherit entity attribute values of the entity will be pre-filled in the registration form.”

In short, this is what I am trying to do. In one tracker program, I am registering Households, which have a household code generated by DHIS2. In another program, I am registering household members as beneficiaries, which also need to have the household code in their profile. How do I make Household code at beneficiary registration to be inherited from the previously registered Households?

Thanks you in advance!

Georgi

Georgi Chakarov, CIA | georgi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:georgi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> | +1-647-478-5634 x 104<tel:(647)%20478-5634> | LogicalOutcomes c/o Centre for Social Innovation, 720 Bathurst Street, Toronto Canada M5S 2R4 | You may unsubscribe from receiving commercial electronic messages from LogicalOutcomes by emailing info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>