From: Knut Staring [knutst@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2018 7:46 PM
To: Nibras Ar Rakib; DHIS 2 Users list
Subject: Re: Importing Organisation Unit

Hello Nibras,

I am forwarding this to the DHIS 2 Users list <dhis2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:dhis2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>. Please use this address for technical queries

Regards,
Knut

On Sun, Aug 19, 2018 at 1:27 AM Nibras Ar Rakib <nibras.rakib@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:nibras.rakib@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Dear Sir,

My name is Nibras Ar Rakib and currently I am working at icddr, b
(International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh) as
programmer and involved in Routine Health Information System (RHIS).

We have successfully installed and configured DHIS2 (2.29) for
aggregated data collection purpose for different region of Bangladesh.
Problem we are currently facing is preparing the csv file for importing
organization unit.

One particular field I do not understand that in the documentation
(https://docs.dhis2.org/2.29/en/developer/html/webapi_csv_metadata_import.html-
Table: 1.19) that there is column named UID and Parent UID. During
populating the csv, do we need to specify those UIDS and Parent UIDS (I
know we should do that otherwise hierarchy wont populate. Also then I
need to handle Parent UIDS programmatically)? If that happens, then I
need to populate the csv programmatically. I also know, DHIS2 has an API
that provide stable identifier. Is there any other way around to develop
the hierarchical organization unit?

It would be really helpful if you provide your ideas or suggestion
regarding this.

This is the first time I am posting in this team. If this this team is
not appropriate for this question please let me know and delete this
message.

Thanks & Regards,
Nibras Ar Rakib
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by
Nibras Ar Rakib (https://launchpad.net/~nibras.rakib)

Knut Staring

Department of Information, Evidence and Research
World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Office: +41 22 791 3683 Mob1: +33 6 4434 2931 Mob2: +47 9188 0522
Skype:     knutstar