Re: DHIS-2 demo portal not working

Hi Randy

I am not sure who is responsible for maintaining that portal demo, but
perhaps one of the reasons it has fallen into disrepair is that this is
really not a good example to follow.  If you look at the page source you
will notice that the credentials to access the objects (admin:district) in
this case are in plain view.  You couldn't really do it like this for a for
a production server.  There have been cases where people have slavishly
followed this example and created serious vulnerabilities in some very
large dhis2 implementations.

I am not sure what would be the best approach if you did want to do this.
I suspect the correct thing to do would be to make use of special location
blocks in the web proxy server to expose particular items (charts, maps,
etc) without authentication.  That of course could be a little trickier to
setup and maybe explains why it  hasn't been done yet in the demo.

Regards
Bob