diodon-team team mailing list archive

Pastie: Another clipboard manager

I was doing some research of other clipboard managers out there. There seems
to be a new one called Pastie.

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/07/pastie-simple-clipboard-manager-05-gets.html

The goals seems quite similar to ours. It uses AppIndicator, and is getting
support for images and files. It is written in Python, uses XML as the data
storage and stores it settings in GConf. You can check out the source code
here:

http://github.com/fmoralesc/pastie

Be sure to check out the testing branch to see how images are supported.

I'm wondering what happens when you copy a lot of images, or if you copy
like a 1gb file. Does your database get really huge?

Anyways, I still think Vala is the way to go, it will definitely be more
resource efficient in terms of speed and memory consumption. The Pastie
source code will be helpful, though, to see how things could be implemented.

- Dariel

Follow ups