divmod-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~florent.x/pyflakes/1097061-unittest2 into lp:pyflakes

Sorry, but I fail to understand the reasoning to reject the setuptools optional dependency.
It makes testing easier and more standard for the developer.
Since the 'tests_require' contains information about the tests requirements, anyone can run the tests without digging in the source code to know which libraries are required.
And when the distribute/setuptools package is not installed, it imports from distutils and it behaves the same as before.

If the request is to split the merge proposal into 2 patches ... why not.
For me, they are complementary changes to improve testing, so it makes sense to propose them together.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~florent.x/pyflakes/1097061-unittest2/+merge/142224
Your team Divmod-dev is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~florent.x/pyflakes/1097061-unittest2 into lp:pyflakes.