documentation-packages team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1570479] Re: [UIFe][FFe] Change application Name etc to Ubuntu Software
This bug was fixed in the package ubuntu-docs - 16.10.1
ubuntu-docs (16.10.1) yakkety; urgency=medium
- Check that required packages are installed.
* Updates due to switch from "Software" to "Ubuntu Software"
- Less specific description of column "Modified" (LP: #1572304).
* Extra update of ubuntu-help.pot (LP: #1573249, LP: #1573251).
- Updated suggested packages (LP: #1201904).
- New guidance on how to install libdvdcss2 (LP: #1571208).
- Code for re-enabling hibernate corrected (LP: #1575466).
- Deleted, since the feature is enabled by default now, and the
GUI control has been dropped (LP: #1575911).
- Updated to correspond to gnome-disk-utility 3.18 (LP: #1573025).
- Updated since Empathy is no longer installed by default
- Updated since Brasero is no longer installed by default.
* numeric-keypad.page, shell-guest-session.page:
- Suggest lightdm configuration in /etc instead of /usr/share.
- Replace nm-tool (no longer available) with nmcli (LP: #1581846).
* Updated ubuntu-help.pot.
* New Kabyle (kab) translation.
* The latest translations exported from Launchpad (LP: #1592162).
* debian/control: Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.8.
* Bump version to 16.10 / yakkety.
[ Milo Casagrande ]
* Make Italian screenshots 250x200.
[ Doug Smythies ]
* unity.png, unity-windows.png, unity-overview.png:
- Updated again due to new yet old Ubuntu Software icon
-- Gunnar Hjalmarsson <gunnarhj@xxxxxxxxxx> Fri, 17 Jun 2016 00:11:00
** Changed in: ubuntu-docs (Ubuntu)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of
Documentation Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu.
[UIFe][FFe] Change application Name etc to Ubuntu Software
Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:
Status in ubuntu-docs package in Ubuntu:
We would like to change some strings in GNOME's Software application
to "Ubuntu Software".
The main reason is that our users are used to the old Ubuntu Software
Center and many docs talk about it. By changing the name to Ubuntu
Software we can offer some assurances that it's the right tool for the
job. Our patches also make Software on Ubuntu very Ubuntu centric.
It is not the intention to claim Software as our own work.
.desktop "Name=" changes to "Ubuntu Software"
Window title changes to "Ubuntu Software"
Icon changes to the u-s-c icon
having a binary named "ubuntu-software" for naming consistancy
I have reached out to the upstream project and we've agreed that these
changes can go ahead.
To manage notifications about this bug go to: