documentation-packages team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1612631] Re: Incomplete documentation: adding additional repositories
This bug was fixed in the package ubuntu-docs - 16.10.2
ubuntu-docs (16.10.2) yakkety; urgency=medium
- Reinsert the "Compose key" section (LP: #1596152).
- Deleted; obsolete (LP: #1563511).
- Open source section removed; obsolete (LP: #1615404).
- Suggest adobe-flashplugin, mention HTML5 (LP: #1568984).
- Item about signing key added (LP: #1612631).
- Adobe Reader no longer in Canonical Partner (LP: #1613033).
- Mention that presence of btrfs partitions may make hibernation
fail (LP: #1619846).
- Replace the incorrect "block" option to the ufw command with
"deny" (LP: #1622885).
* net-wireless-troubleshooting-hardware-check.page: apt-get -> apt
* ubuntu-mascot-creature.png: Official yakkety mascot.
* Updated ubuntu-help.pot.
-- Gunnar Hjalmarsson <gunnarhj@xxxxxxxxxx> Thu, 15 Sep 2016 22:53:00
** Changed in: ubuntu-docs (Ubuntu)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of
Documentation Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu.
Incomplete documentation: adding additional repositories
Status in ubuntu-docs package in Ubuntu:
The official documentation for 16.04 is incomplete. It's the page with
the title "Add additional software repositories". I believe that for
non-Canonical repositories (but not PPAs) the user has to add the
repository's key. Without the key the command "sudo apt-get update"
will give an error message and packages cannot be added from the
repository. As an example, see the link below for the instructions for
adding the Play Deb 2 repository to 16.04.
If my bug is correct then the documentation needs to be corrected.
To manage notifications about this bug go to: