documentation-packages team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 299158] Re: DejaVu, Liberation Mono, Noto Mono, Tlwg Mono, Oxygen Mono, Bitstream Vera Mono: Combining diacritics out of place
Maintainer of the fonts-hack Debian package here. I can't reproduce the
issue with fonts-hack 3.003-3 on Eoan, I get the expected result, i.e.:
* Two grapheme clusters are displayed: Latin small letter a with acute
accent, Latin small letter e.
On which Ubuntu release are you observing it?
** Changed in: fonts-hack (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Incomplete
You received this bug notification because you are a member of
Documentation Packages, which is subscribed to fonts-ubuntu in Ubuntu.
DejaVu, Liberation Mono, Noto Mono, Tlwg Mono, Oxygen Mono, Bitstream
Vera Mono: Combining diacritics out of place
Status in fonts-dejavu package in Ubuntu:
Status in fonts-droid package in Ubuntu:
Status in fonts-hack package in Ubuntu:
Status in fonts-liberation package in Ubuntu:
Status in fonts-noto package in Ubuntu:
Status in fonts-tlwg package in Ubuntu:
Status in fonts-ubuntu package in Ubuntu:
Status in msttcorefonts package in Ubuntu:
Status in oxygen-fonts package in Ubuntu:
Status in ttf-bitstream-vera package in Ubuntu:
In the Liberation Mono font, combining diacritical marks are drawn
over the following character rather than the preceding.
According to the Unicode standard since at least version 3.0, chapter
3.6, verse D56, combining characters apply to the preceding base
character. However, this font renders them on the following base
1. Open gedit.
2. Type the following three code points: U+0061 U+0301 U+0065 (Latin small letter a, Combining acute accent, Latin small letter e).
3. Via Edit|Preferences|Font & Colors|Font, select the Liberation Mono font.
* Two grapheme clusters are displayed: Latin small letter a with acute accent, Latin small letter e.
* The grapheme clusters displayed are: Latin small letter a, Latin small letter e with acute accent.
To manage notifications about this bug go to: