documentation-packages team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1873716] Re: Information on how to report a bug is incorrect
This bug was fixed in the package ubuntu-docs - 20.10.2
ubuntu-docs (20.10.2) groovy; urgency=medium
- Drop gnome-tweak-tool replacement for gnome-tweaks links
* Drop net-chat.page and its sub pages (LP: #1895065)
* addremove-ppa.page, addremove-sources.page:
- Update instructions re how to access Software & Updates
* Bump debhelper-compat to 13
- Add link with instruction on how to submit a bug manually
* Updated ubuntu-help.pot
* Translations from Launchpad
-- Gunnar Hjalmarsson <gunnarhj@xxxxxxxxxx> Fri, 25 Sep 2020 20:24:41
** Changed in: ubuntu-docs (Ubuntu)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of
Documentation Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu.
Information on how to report a bug is incorrect
Status in ubuntu-docs package in Ubuntu:
I'm trying to report a bug about my Bluetooth dongle. I googled and
was directed to
for direction on how to do so. I followed the instructions on that
page, but they do not work:
1. I run ubuntu-bug without arguments since I don't know which program to report against.
2. A menu shows up asking me what kind of problem I would like to report.
3. I choose the only vaguely matching option "Other Problem"
4. ubuntu-bug aborts with an error message that I need to choose a package.
There was nothing in the instructions about a package and in any case
(while I can guess I should maybe report it against bluez), most
people wouldn't know which package to choose anymore than what program
is involved. Another menu entry for "hardware" or something of the
sort would be useful.
To manage notifications about this bug go to: