Re: Plans for next release

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 10:36:17AM -0600, Anders Logg wrote:

> Good. Which modules do we want to keep and who wants to maintain them?
> Please update the following list:

Updating list:

>        convdiff			keep
>        elasticity		keep, Johan J maintains
>        euler			Harald?
>        navierstokes
>        poisson-multigrid	fold into poisson
>        wave			keep, Johan J maintains
>        elasticity-stationary	fold into elasticity
>        heat			keep
>        odesolver		remove
>        wave-vector		remove
>        elasticity-updated	keep, Johan J maintains
>        poisson			keep
>        template			keep
>
> /Anders

I think we should try to make the modules as general as possible. For
example, if we don't do the time-stepping in the form, then every
module could have an option for being stationary or
time-dependent. Similarly, the Poisson module should have an option
for using multigrid or not. I guess the modules are mostly for
demonstration, but it's really nice to be able to just solve a problem
easily when you need a reference solution or something similar, and
then it's nice to be able to specify dimension, time-dependence etc.