Re: FEM programming

Dear Mohammad,

that should be no problem. Take a look at the current module for
convection-diffusion that is available in DOLFIN. The code is in the
directory

    src/modules/convdiff/

I recommend that you use DOLFIN instead of Puffin, since DOLFIN is C++
and much more powerful.

Two solve a differential equation with DOLFIN, you need to specify a
variational formulation of your problem. If you have two equations,
you can specify two variational formulations and couple them together
(by fixed-point iteration). A variational formulation is implemented
with the help of a special compiler for variational forms called FFC.
You can find both DOLFIN and FFC on the FEniCS web site:

    http://www.fenics.org/

You also need two install the program FIAT, which FFC depends on.

There is no manual yet for any of the programs, but maybe you can
understand how the programs work anyway. Ask me again if something is
unclear.

Best wishes
/Anders

--