Re: Plans for next release

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 01:22:24PM +0200, jhoffman@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > 3. Add missing modules: Navier-Stokes and updated elasticity.
> > Any progress?
>
> Today I tried to compile the FFC produced *.h files for NSE on skalman,
> but it won't compile. It looks a lot like the "virtual function"-bug from
> earlier. Is the latest versions of FIAT and FFC installed on skalman?

ok, now skalman has the latest versions. Did you try FFC/DOLFIN on
your new machine? Does it work with Red Hat?

I think piecewise constants should work now. Maybe you can try this
for the velocity in the stabilization term? Should be much faster to
compile and run.

The finite element for piecewise constants (or higher order) is named

    "Discontinuous Lagrange"

in FFC. For vector-valued piecewise constants, use

   "Discontinuous vector Lagrange"

Should work with any order, but zero is probably what you want.