Re: error2

On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 09:50:38PM +0430, Mohammad Izadi wrote:

> Hi,
> I installed Dolfin, but doesn't make any header files in "
> /mnt/e/m.izadi/project/Dolfin/dolfin-0.5.5/include".
> so I can not make the sample programm in the "demo".

This is because symbolic links do not seem to work on your
system. During compilation, symbolic links to all header files are
generated in the include directory (to simulate an installation
of DOLFIN and enable compilation of the demo programs).

You need to figure out why symbolic links don't work on your system.

Can you do the following?

    ln -s README test

> By the way during installing Petsc I encounter the following error
>
> "***** Unable to configure with given options ***** (see configure.log for
> full details):
> Could not locate any functional MPI
>  Rerun config/configure.py with --with-mpi=0 to install without MPI
>  or -with-mpi-dir=directory to use a MPICH installation
>  or -with-mpi-include=directory -with-mpi-lib=library (or list of
> libraries) -with-mpirun=mpiruncommand for other MPIs.
>  Or run with --download-mpich=1 to have PETSc download and compile MPICH
> for you.
> It could be the MPI located is not working for all the languages, you can
> try running
>  configure again with --with-fc=0 or --with-cxx=0
> "
> and then I used the command "--with-mpi=0 ",  then during installing
> Dolfin I encounter the error that before mentioned in last e-mail and used
> "make -k", I think it is installed but...

I will add an option to configure: --disable-mpi that you can try.
(Should be in CVS shortly.)

Send the PETSc error message to the PETSc guys.