Re: convdiff demo

Hi Anders,

I thought you were on vacation. :-)

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, Anders Logg wrote:

I suggest looking at the demo program in src/demo/poisson/. This is a
complete self-contained program for solving Poisson's equation with
DOLFIN (and FFC). There will be a manual shortly after the summer.

How is this different from the convdiff demo?

We are actually more interested in the convdiff stuff, 'cos it is more closely connected with what we need to do.

Just to clarify, when I was asking about simple exercises, I meant things that I could change in the demo that would not be completely trivial, but simple enough that I could do it, that would make it behave differently.

BTW, is there some way to see the diffusion in real time?

DOLFIN does not have a mesh generator (but you can automatically
create simple meshes like the unit square and unit cube) so you need
to supply DOLFIN with a mesh in the form of an XML file. See the
examples in data/meshes/ for the mesh format.

The mesh for the dolphin was created with MATLABs PDE toolbox. I have
also generated some meshes earlier with GiD. Unfortunately, both are
proprietary. Does anyone have experience with generating meshes for
DOLFIN using an open-source tool?

There is something in Debian called gmsh. This is advertised as a 3D mesh generator. Do you know anything about this?

                                                              Faheem.