Re: PyDOLFIN

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 11:28:24AM -0500, Anders Logg wrote:

> One place where we have public nested classes is in the code generated
> by FFC:
>
> class BilinearForm : public dolfin::BilinearForm
> {
> public:
>
>   class TestElement : public dolfin:FiniteElement
>   {
>
>   }
>
>   class TrialElement : public dolfin::FiniteElement
>   {
>
>   }
>
> }
>
> If necessary, we could think of reorganizing this.
>
> Can SWIG do nested namespaces (as opposed to nested classes)?

Yes, it can:

New Features in 1.3.12
* C++ namespace support *

SWIG-1.3.12 provides full support for C++ namespaces including all C++
namespace related declarations (using, namespace aliases, nested
namespaces, etc.).  Namespace support is fully integrated into the
type system, typemaps, customization features, and all other parts of
SWIG.

So that would certainly be preferable.