Re: Add HYPRE check in NavierStokesSolver.cpp. If HYPRE has not been linked with PETSc, a warning is printed and the default GMRES solver is used for the continuity equation. [...]

I'm skeptical about this approach of requiring HYPRE --
it tends to violate the spirit of PETSc.
The point of PETSc is that everything can be run from the command line
(or a shell script that has all the options).  Somebody might refuse to
download HYPRE because they won't register (I can't imagine anybody
with that attitude, but I've heard they exist) or because they have something
better or whatever.

Perhaps a nicer thing to do is have a script that checks for HYPRE and runs DOLFIN
accordingly, or else does some default thing.

Commit from garth (2005-10-28 11:12 CEST)

Add HYPRE check in NavierStokesSolver.cpp. If HYPRE has not been
linked with PETSc, a warning is printed and the default GMRES solver
is used for the continuity equation.

Very good!

Should add check for all non-standard PETSc components.

I agree.