Re: Add HYPRE check in NavierStokesSolver.cpp. If HYPRE has not been linked with PETSc, a warning is printed and the default GMRES solver is used for the continuity equation. [...]

Quoting "Robert C. Kirby" <kirby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I'm skeptical about this approach of requiring HYPRE --
> it tends to violate the spirit of PETSc.
> The point of PETSc is that everything can be run from the command line
> (or a shell script that has all the options).  Somebody might refuse to
> download HYPRE because they won't register (I can't imagine anybody
> with that attitude, but I've heard they exist) or because they have
> something
> better or whatever.
>
> Perhaps a nicer thing to do is have a script that checks for HYPRE
> and runs DOLFIN
> accordingly, or else does some default thing.

I agree, and this is how it works. It will still compile and run if you don't
have HYPRE, but'll you'll be warned that that the solver will be slow.

Garth