Re: Preconditioner

Quoting Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 09:51:35PM +0100, Johan Jansson wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 07:38:14PM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> > > I've had a look at Preconditioner.h and Preconditioner.cpp to try to
> transfer
> > > precondtioner stuff in KrylovSolver to Preconditioner. The code in
> > > Preconditioner.cpp is pretty cryptic though. Is it possible to simply
> it?
> > >
> > > Garth
> > >

> > Good idea. It should be possibly to simply move everything from
> > KrylovSolver and put it as a function/member of Preconditioner.
> >
> > The only issue is as Anders describes, that there are two
> > "preconditioner databases", one in PETSc and one consisting of
> > preconditioners defined using the DOLFIN interface. Maybe the enum
> > solution would unify this? Then there would be only one database
> > (DOLFIN's), which could have either PETSc or DOLFIN preconditioners in
> > it.
>
> It also needs to be possible for a user to implement her own
> preconditioner which is not in the databse.
>
> But the enum solution is probably fine. At least it's the simplest and
> it doesn't break anything.

I was thinking about defining PETSc preconditioners and a "userdefined"
preconditioner using enum. We could define PETSc preconditioners, a "dolfin"
preconditioner and a "userdefined" preconditioner.

I'm not sure if it's easier to put these into the class Preconditioner or to
break them up in separate classes.

Garth

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/snapshots/petsc-current/src/ksp/pc/impls/jacobi/jacobi.c.html#PCJacobi