Plans for next release

We're getting closer to 0.6.0, and here is a short summary of what I
think should be on the TODO list for the next release (which will
most likely be 0.5.12):

1. Make all modules support both 2D and 3D. Today, the dimension is
some random value between 2 and 3 picked by the maintainer of each
module. Since the mesh is given as an argument to the module/solver,
it just needs to look at the mesh to determine the dimension. This is
a simple if-statement we need to add to each module (and keep two sets
of forms to choose from). I can go first and do the Poisson module,
and then I hope I can get help with some of the others: convdiff,
elasticity, elasticity-updated, navierstokes, stokes.

2. It should be possible to specify the file name/format used by a
module to save the solution. I can go first and do Poisson.

3. A redesigned parameter system allowing subsets of the parameters to
be set on a per-object basis. I've done some preliminary work that I
will commit soon.

4. Add a script named visualize.py in each of the demo directories
that visualizes the solution appropriately for each demo. This
replaces the previous plotsolution.m scripts. I also suggest that the
VTK format is default for all modules, including the elasticity
modules (so the solution can be visualized without access to Ko).

5. Update heat equation module/demo to solve something interesting.

6. Make the interface for setting boundary conditions consistent with
the new Function interface: operator() --> eval().

7. Fix Navier-Stokes module (hoffman).

8. Finish chapter on linear algebra (started by hoffman).

9. Finish chapter on PDE (started by hoffman).

Once we've fixed these issues and have a fairly complete and accurate
manual, I think we should release 0.6.0 and then for 0.6.x one of the
main tasks will be to work on the mesh (move to Sieve and improve the
support for different mesh input formats).

Anything else? Comments?