Re: Plans for next release

> We're getting closer to 0.6.0, and here is a short summary of what I
> think should be on the TODO list for the next release (which will
> most likely be 0.5.12):
>
> 1. Make all modules support both 2D and 3D. Today, the dimension is
> some random value between 2 and 3 picked by the maintainer of each
> module. Since the mesh is given as an argument to the module/solver,
> it just needs to look at the mesh to determine the dimension. This is
> a simple if-statement we need to add to each module (and keep two sets
> of forms to choose from). I can go first and do the Poisson module,
> and then I hope I can get help with some of the others: convdiff,
> elasticity, elasticity-updated, navierstokes, stokes.

This may require some preparations before the simple if-statement is
sufficient. I would think the easiest thing would be to have an
if-statemet when the forms are initialized? But then we would typically
need something like a copy constructor or similar for the forms, or? If
so, that would have to be supported also on the FFC side.

/Johan