Re: -Clean-up convdiff solver. It is set up for 2D and 3D, but 3D has been disabled to limit compile time. The user can now pass diffusion coefficient, time step and final time to the sover. [...]

To speedup the compile time, maybe we should try to use the mean()
operator in FFC for the stabilization terms, replacing w with wm
in these terms with

wm = mean(w)

Did you try putting the common stuff in a common .py file and import it?

An unrelated question: would Johan H mind changing the names of the
.form files to NSEMomentum2D.form etc (without the _) etc so the
naming is consistent throughout the code?

/Anders