Re: -Clean-up convdiff solver. It is set up for 2D and 3D, but 3D has been disabled to limit compile time. The user can now pass diffusion coefficient, time step and final time to the sover. [...]

On Sat, 2005-12-31 at 12:58 -0600, Anders Logg wrote:
> To speedup the compile time, maybe we should try to use the mean()
> operator in FFC for the stabilization terms, replacing w with wm
> in these terms with
>
> wm = mean(w)

I haven't attempted any optimisations yet. I'll have a look later.

> Did you try putting the common stuff in a common .py file and import it?

I played around with it, but for some reason the FFC compile time was
really slow. I didn't have time to look into it. I'll look at this again
later also.

Garth

> An unrelated question: would Johan H mind changing the names of the
> .form files to NSEMomentum2D.form etc (without the _) etc so the
> naming is consistent throughout the code?
>
> /Anders
>

> On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 06:30:07PM +0100, dolfin@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Commit from garth (2005-12-31 18:30 CET)
> > -----------------
> >
> > -Clean-up convdiff solver. It is set up for 2D and 3D, but 3D has
> > been disabled to limit compile time. The user can now pass diffusion
> > coefficient, time step and final time to the sover.
> >
> > -Minor fixes in Navier-Stokes solver.
> >
> >   dolfin  src/demo/solvers/convdiff/main.cpp                       1.23
> >   dolfin  src/demo/solvers/convdiff/visualize_convdiff.py          1.3
> >   dolfin  src/modules/convdiff/ConvectionDiffusionSolver.cpp       1.20
> >   dolfin  src/modules/convdiff/Makefile.am                         1.13
> >   dolfin  src/modules/convdiff/Makefile.in                         1.140
> > - dolfin  src/modules/convdiff/dolfin/ConvectionDiffusion.form     1.9
> > - dolfin  src/modules/convdiff/dolfin/ConvectionDiffusion.h        1.22
> > + dolfin  src/modules/convdiff/dolfin/ConvectionDiffusion2D.form   1.1
> > + dolfin  src/modules/convdiff/dolfin/ConvectionDiffusion2D.h      1.1
> > + dolfin  src/modules/convdiff/dolfin/ConvectionDiffusion3D.form   1.1
> > + dolfin  src/modules/convdiff/dolfin/ConvectionDiffusion3D.h      1.1
> >   dolfin  src/modules/convdiff/dolfin/ConvectionDiffusionSolver.h  1.5
> >   dolfin  src/modules/convdiff/dolfin/Makefile.am                  1.3
> >   dolfin  src/modules/convdiff/dolfin/Makefile.in                  1.67
> >   dolfin  src/modules/navierstokes/NSESolver.cpp                   1.45

Dr. Garth N. Wells
Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
Delft University of Technology
Stevinweg 1
2628 CN Delft
The Netherlands