Re: Version 0.6.0?

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 12:59:35PM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:

> > I've just googled around some mailing lists, and it doesn't look like
> > we're doing anything wrong. I'll try to link it manually and see if I
> > can find out what goes wrong.
> >

> I've done a few test. If, in src/lib, I use /usr/bin/libtool instead
> of ../../libtool, a static library is created. There is something
> strange going on with the libtool settings.
>
> One I have a static library, if I link an executable with the flag
> -static, things work.
>
> Garth

Ok, that's certainly strange. Could you send your /usr/bin/libtool?

I can build a static library if I also build a shared library. Then
libtool seems to extract the object files from the individual static
libraries (using "ar x") and relink a new library. When only building
a static library this doesn't happen and no object files are linked
in.