Re: Dense matrices

I downloaded boost, pulled the header files out and dropped them into my directory and it worked fine, so it appears that no binary libraries are involved. I did a grep on the header files, and the dependency on other
boost components is limited.

Is there any license issue to just stuffing the requisite .h files into DOLFIN?

Also, templates can create portability/compiler problems if used too
creatively (see blitz).
I have not worked with uBlas, but suggest compiling with a couple of
different versions of g++ on mac/linux/cygwin and also the intel
compiler on some platforms before committing.

Just checked it with the Linux Intel compiler, and indeed Blitz gives
error messages. uBlas worked great. Works fine under Cygwin too.

Wonderful -- I think that it's the configuration of blitz on intel that I remember bombing.
I wish I had known ublas better when I wrote my c++ version of fiat...

Rob

Garth

That said, I'm very much in favor of doing less code instead of more,
but there can be corner cases in portability and other headaches.

Rob