Re: Dolfin 0.6.1 compilation problem with petsc from debian/sid

Anders Logg wrote:
> On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 04:03:26PM +0800, LUK ShunTim wrote:

[snipped]

>> Here's the relevant output
>> ".....
>> using PETSC_DIR=/usr/lib/petsc
>> enabling compilation of PyDOLFIN
>> checking for configarch... no
>> *** Unable to find PETSc 2.3.0 on your system.
>> *** Use --with-petsc-dir=<path> to specify the correct path for PETSc,
>> *** or set the environment variable PETSC_DIR to the correct path.
>> *** PETSc is available at http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-2/
>> ......"

[snipped]

> The configure script for DOLFIN checks for configarch in $PATH and
> $PETSC_DIR/bin/. You can see the test if you look in configure.ac.
>
> Do you have configarch in any of those directories?

No; and "dpkg -S configarch" turns up nothing. Maybe the debian package
does not include it.

> I haven't tried DOLFIN with Debian's PETSc for a long time since it
> wasn't updated for a while, but maybe it has been now.

It's now 2.3.1 and that's why I'd like to have a try.

> /Anders

I tried copying configarch over (from the petsc source tree into
$PETSC_DIR/bin), set the PATH and now it gets past, but some more
errors. :-(

".....
checking for configarch... yes
make: *** No rule to make target `getincludedirs'.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `getlinklibs'.  Stop.
...."

Thanks very much,
ST